Our successful courses are run across the county with many young people gaining confidence, skills and much more, that are transferable to all kinds of work and volunteering.
A tailor-made course to help you gain a basic level of knowledge, understanding and learning in looking after other people’s children (babysitting). As well as offering practical and hands-on experience, you will complete a portfolio of your work and receive a certificate on successful completion of the course, including Basic First Aid.
- Introduction, getting to know each other and what makes a good/bad babysitter
- What should we expect from a babysitter/parent/child?
- Building effective relationships (listineing communicating)
- First Aid Course
- What does a baby need? Handling babies and changing nappies, feeding etc.
- Childcare, toys and activities
- Child Protection
- Accident prevention, fire safety and safety in the home.
- Checklist and dealing with challenging babysitting situations.
- Review of learning scenarios. Hand in portfolios.
A tailor-made course to help you gain a basic level of knowledge, understanding and learning to be a safe and caring visitor for older people. As well as offering practical and hands-on experience, you will complete a portfolio of your work and receive a certificate on successful completion of the course, including First Aid.
At the end of the course, you will be expected to take part in voluntary work with older people in your community.
- Introduction and group agreement, “about me” and who do you know?
- What makes a good visitor? Positive communication and activities.
- Reminiscence activities and resources.
- First Aid Course
- Safeguarding and boundaries. Dealing with challenging situations.
- Dementia Friends Information
- Identifying our strengths. Setting up a visit or activities session.
- Activities and project planning
- Activities session/visit to local care home.
- Volunteering opportunities/networking session. Graduation.